Link to main version

63

Vezhdi Rashidov: The very appointment of Tsitelkov was inadequate

The former Speaker of the National Assembly and Minister of Culture described this as a manifestation of carelessness

Снимка: БГНЕС

The former Speaker of the National Assembly and Minister of Culture Vezhdi Rashidov sharply criticized the way the caretaker government was formed and commented on the current political situation on the air of "Offensive with Lyubo Ognyanov" on NOVA NEWS.

Regarding the resignation of Stoil Tsitelkov, Rashidov stated that his very appointment was "completely inadequate" and an expression of yet another carelessness. "Forming a government is a great responsibility. It is done by proven and worthy men who will manage the destinies of the people. "A prime minister cannot fail to check the team he will work with," he stressed.

Rashidov gave a personal example from the time he was Minister of Culture. Every year around May 24, he would prepare a list of worthy individuals for state awards, first checking their biographies through official channels. "I called Evtim Kostadinov, who was then the chairman of the Commission on Files," he said. According to him, anyone who proposes personnel is obliged to examine them in advance.

Despite the criticism, the former speaker of parliament said that he was pleasantly surprised by some of the appointments in the official cabinet. He distinguished the Minister of Education and the Minister of Culture and described them as “exceptional“, as well as the Minister of Transport Korman Ismailov.

Regarding Atanas Zapryanov remaining as Minister of Defense, Rashidov commented that GERB leader Boyko Borisov had already given an explanation on the subject. “The Prime Minister called Borisov to leave him a minister – there is nothing wrong with that. He is an experienced person“, Rashidov said.

The former minister stressed that he expects the caretaker government to hold fair elections. He revealed that he had received an invitation from Boyko Borisov to remain a minister for a third term, but he declined due to health reasons.

“I am a responsible person and I can be grateful. At that moment, the government did not interest me“, Rashidov said. He announced that he would exercise his right to vote in the next elections and support GERB.

According to him, after the parliamentary vote, he expects movement in the right direction. "Let Rumen Radev first go out into the field to show what exactly he wants to do," he added.

Rashidov also commented on the topic of judicial reform. According to him, it cannot be implemented in the way it is currently proposed. He criticized the actions of the Minister of Justice, who has requested the replacement of Acting Prosecutor General Borislav Sarafov. "It is not done like that. This is an infantile act," he said.

On a personal level, Vezhdi Rashidov shared that he is turning 75 this year and is planning a large-scale exhibition. He has invitations to exhibitions in London and Turkey, and next year he intends to publish a voluminous book dedicated to his entire life and creative path.