Last news in Fakti

Cristiano Ronaldo announced important news about his future

We are one with Saudi Arabia, I want to stay here, said the Portuguese star

Feb 22, 2026 11:02 38

Cristiano Ronaldo announced important news about his future  - 1

Al-Nasr's Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo said that he intends to stay in Saudi Arabia.

The 41-year-old Portuguese's contract with the club runs until June 30, 2027.

“We are one with Saudi Arabia. I want to stay here. This country has accepted me, as well as my family and friends. I am happy here, I want to continue playing here“, said Ronaldo, quoted by Fabrizio Romano's profile.

Last week, Cristiano Ronaldo scored upon his return to play for Al-Nasr's 2-0 away win against Al Fateh in a match from the 21st round of the Saudi Arabian Championship. The 41-year-old Portuguese missed two league games due to a disagreement with the club's transfer policy in January.

Ronaldo was unhappy with the way the Saudi sovereign wealth fund was managing Al-Nassr compared to its rivals. The goalscorer announced a boycott but later changed his mind.